Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kelley Response-----
 
When I first started reading this article I was impress by all of the talents Mike Kelley had in the art world  even though his work is described as “provocative” he created pieces in all different forms such as  performances, paintings , music, sculptures and installations. I think its petty awesome that everyone throughout his entire career came to support his gallery even if he wasn’t going to be there.  It is apparent how much his death shocked the art world because of all the shrines and galleries that went up in memory of him; he obviously had amazing work and a great impact on the people he worked with. I was kind of blown away by how much fortune his art works brought him and yet he stayed a humble man. It is a shame to read that he could not control his anxiety and stress and as the world demanded more from him the worst it became. His suicide was horrible to read about and I have a picture in my mind that I really don’t want there. It made me really sad to read that he would tell people he was miserable and depressed but he couldn’t get help from rehab or friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment